2. The very 1st “hoops” were only peach baskets and the 1st backboards were only made from wire.
3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is the player who owns the record for having the most points during the entire 20 seasons of his NBA career with 38,387.
4. Basketball officially became an event in the Olympics in Berlin, Germany in 1936.
5. On the 2nd of March 1962, Wilt Chamberlain, the center of Philadelphia, totaled a score of 100 points in just one game versus New York. That's the highest score ever made by one player in just one game.
6. Lenny Wilkens, the coach of Atlanta Hawks, has won the most number of basketball games among all the other coaches.
7. From 1960 up to 1966, Boston Celtics has won 17 championships in NBA, including 7 straight wins.
8. Chicago Bulls won all the 6 NBA Finals they have appeared on.
9. Michael Jordan scored 5,987 points in the playoffs, the highest score among all the other players.
10. Kobe Bryant broke the record of Michael Jordan's All-Star Game record of 262 points in 2012 with 271 points.